January 12, 2010

MOH Diaries: I need help.

Alright, I have a problem.
Well 2 actually.

1.
 I can't seem to find the urge to write during the day, I've been in a slump here lately..
 So I've been posting at almost midnight every night....
I guess that's not really a problem...at least I'm posting, right?

Duece.
I'm Megan's MOH.
{Matron of Honor, Ladies.}

MOH= MOH Speech.
I suck at speeches.
I am not funny, I don't make people laugh...
people laugh at me.
My palms sweat when all eyes are on me.
{GROSS, but total truth.}
I get nervous and when I get nervous, I stutter...
A LOT.

I was the Bride, never the Brides Maid.
{That sounds kind of caddy, like I had no friends or I had A LOT of weddings...}
Not the case.
 I was the first girl out of my Senior Class to get married.
A mere monthnahalf after graduation day.
And none of my high school hunnies have taken the leap yet...

To be quite frank...
I am absopositutely dumbfounded as where to start...

How do I put 7 years of friendship into a little bitty speech
on the happiest day of her life?!

This is where ya'll come in.
I need this to be perfect, not for me but for her...

She is absolutely amazing.
My sister, my best friend.
Someone I would never want to dissapoint.


So, I need your know how...
Your expertise, if you will.
I'm actually begging you.

I know you got it,

3 comments:

carrie1 said...

I hear you on the sweaty palms and stuttering.. I hate getting up in front of a group of people.

But you started off good with this...

"She is absolutely amazing.

My sister, my best friend"

Speak from the heart.... or you know what is also a good thing, it's kind of cheating, but I love that poem Cameron Diaz read in My Sisters Shoes

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)~E.E. Cummings

starnes family said...

The best speeches, as far as I'm concerned, are the funny ones. Everyone knows you adore her.....or you wouldn't be in the position you're in. So, I tend to be drawn to the ones who provide insight and humorous moments of your very special connection.

Google is my friend. I would start scouring the internet for ideas.

Good, good luck! Your task is not easy, but I'm sure you will handle it beautifully.

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Its hard to speak in front of someone, its true... but right now, this was amazing, and when you do this, its going to be amazing. speak from the heart :)