October 27, 2009

Fall Nights, Memory Lanes.

Chilly nights and tie die skies.

There is something about this season that makes me feel so calm inside.

Nights like these makes me remember the times I had with my biological mother.


There was something about the quietness of our conversations...

For some reason she would always whisper while she talked and tell me the sweetest secrets and the most amazing stories.


I remember this one especially, like it were yesterday.
"Momma Sib, what is that stuff in your eyes when you get sleepy?" Well baby, its sleepy dust and when it's time to go to bed the Sleep Angel comes and sprinkles it on your eyes, so that you can get a good nights rest and have sweet dreams." "Oh, well its very itchy." She laughed.

Her laugh was intoxicating actually... it could brighten a room, make you smile, even make you laugh right back.

I miss her so much these days.

I know she is watching over my family. Laughing her hardest at Nicholas and smiling her biggest smiles at Davony. Some how I know she's proud of me. Proud of the woman, wife and most of all the mother I have become. Her life was a lesson to me. Without a doubt in my life I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for her. Take a few minutes today and please remind your mother just how amazing she is.

Have a great Wednesday ya'll!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

What a beautiful story... you say your biological mother... were you adopted? I was adopted when I was a baby, so I have never met my biological mother. I don't even know her name. Someday I would love to find her...
But as for thanking my mom, that I should do.... And I will never rub the sleep out of my eyes again without thinking of your sweet story...

bananas. said...

hi sweetie! thank you for the comment and this heartwarming post. i too lost my mama and just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. i'm sure your bio mom would be proud. way to honor her memory.

Kara @ His, Hers and Ours said...

Amazing sky!

And I love the story you shared. Very touching. Your bio mom is in that gorgeous sky above watching down on you, and no doubt, has no other choice but to be proud of the woman, wife, and mom you have become!!

Happy WW!

brooke said...

this is beautiful!!! absolutely!! i am certain she is OH SO PROUD OF YOU!!! she sounds like she was such an amazing soul...just like you!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous post. Stay strong and know that your mom is surely very proud of you!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

And now I'm crying. That was just lovely. You KNOW she is looking down on you an so very proud of the person you've become!