September 13, 2009

Making Amends.

Yesterday was a very sad day for me, as well as today and tomorrow will be just as hard. But with the sorrow of loosing Luke, brought hope for mine and my father's relationship. I know in the first few post I wrote about how my father went against his vows and cheated on my mother, I was 16 and I only chose my mother's side. He was out of the question for quite some time. Over the last few years we've had more than a rocky relationship. My father raised me as his own, (he adopted me at 3 weeks) loved me, cared for me, as a father should. So after my daughter was born I yet to reciecve a phone call for 2 weeks.
Man, was that a cut to the throat. I visited him only a few times after that. He completely stopped calling. For months now, Ive bite my tounge, hung up our relationship, and tossed away the key he ha to my heart. We haven't talked since D was around 3 months, now being that she's turning 1 in 2 weeks, its been a while since he's seen Nick or Davie. Okay, I admit, I was selfish. But...he hasn't done his share either. Its both ends that are stubborn here. So today, after loosing a friend, made me realize, God can take anyone away, at any given time, without a goodbye.
So I called my father in tears and admitted I had been selfish towards him and that Luke's passing was a HUGE wake up call for me. I couldn't live with myself if I lost my Daddy and never said goodbye to him. So we made amends. It's different, but he is going to try to be more in touch and I am going to try and accept his new life, with the other woman. So I guess you learn lessons the hard way sometimes, but Im just happy that I can restart this relationship with my father and give him back the key to my heart.
Happy Saturday,

2 comments:

Flory said...

I am sorry for your loss. What a huge step you took in being the one to make contact and try to make amends. Good for you! I hope it all works out for you both.

Stopping by from SITS.

Paulina said...

Hey lady, just wanted to let you know I gave you an award!