July 31, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday, Mr. Underwood

So I spent the day looking up recipes to make something super yummy for Justin's first ever homemade Birthday dinner. As some of you know I have the most pickiest eater of a husband in the whole wide world, when he hears the word veggie he turns green, unless its Fried squash, Fried okra or some kinda Potatoes. So you can imagine what crazyness it was for me to learn how to cook with a ULTRA picky husband. I was raised on a farm, all I know is veggies! Anyways back to the dinner. So I found this yummy recipe at Pauladeen.com. Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps,( I'll post the recipe below!) Justin's fav is fried squash, Darlene helped me make that, and I boiled red skinned potatoes in chives, butter, and loads of garlic and pepper, and a little sprinkle of salt. I baked a Devils Food Chocolate Cake and Topped it off with the #3 because in all this cooking madness I somehow forgot to tell Justin's Dad to pick up 26 candles, silly me. So let no one tell you You can't be 3 again, because Justin was 3 again on his 26th birthday! So after all the preparing and labor of it all, we all, Justin, Darlene, Danny,Me, and the Kids...Nicholas and Summer all sat down to a very Scrumptious dinner. I was super surprised at how much he loved it! It turned out amazing and it tasted just as good! So I just wanted to rant about this dinner and how proud I am of myself for making so much food in only a short amount of time! Whew, but I was glad to see the smile on his face. Oh and I also made my very first ever Guacamole! Something I think Paulina and Lee would be proud of me making!!

Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps

Ingredients
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
1 (1-pound) package sliced bacon
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. Cut each bacon slice into thirds. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick. Stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture. Coat a rack and broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken wrap on rack in broiler pan. Bake 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.

1 comment:

Paulina said...

Yumm! I will try this soon!!! Wish we could have been there for the feast! Especially the devils food cake and guacamole!!!!